Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Workings of the NT Day Group (CCLQ)

This post is about the NT Day Group (NT2) which changed its name a little over a year ago to the Cherry Creek Lane Quilters (CCLQ) to pay tribute to one of their members who has gone on to that great quilt shop in the sky.  The name change attests to the impact Carol B. had on the group while she was in attendance.

I started the original group about seven years ago as a way to get more time with quilting friends on a weekly basis.  The group has continued to meet weekly (missing weeks for vacations and holidays) all this time.  I have floated in and out of the group as my work schedule allows.  Currently, I attend more times than I miss.  Not the case for the last couple of years (or more!), but I'm happy to be back at this time.

This past week's meeting was at Ella's house.  I asked if the members would mind if I took some pictures to add to our blog.  Obviously, they didn't mind, so I set out to take a different kind of photograph for this post.

And I give you the work of our hands:

Candy was working on binding ANOTHER donation quilt.

Gayle was working on an applique project.


Deborah was quilting a quilt that her grandmother hand pieced.

Dee Dee was cutting out applique pieces for a Christmas wall hanging.

Linda was going through magazines to organize "idea binders."

Ruth was applying binding to her (now sleeved) batik jacket.

Joy was cutting scraps into various sizes to store for future projects.
 Sorry, Ella!  You must have been too busy running around making coffee for me to catch a shot of your hands working.  I'll show the collection of fabrics that your hands gathered from your stash instead:

For the Christmas quilt that Ella's son-in-law said that she needed to make for the living room.
That's OK, I missed Joanna's busy hands, as well.  Here's what they have been working on:

Joanna was trying to decide on a border fabric sequence.

One more action shot to share:

Deborah showing off the Snail's Trail block that will be added to a comfort quilt for a friend.


The following little saying was on the cutting table.  After reading it, I thought I would "bust a gut" laughing.  :o))

She who dies with the most fabric isn't sewing fast enough!


Until next time...
Happy Quilting!
Joy

NOTE:    I enjoyed putting this post together.  However, please don't expect weekly updates (unless someone else contributes the post) or you will be sorely disappointed.  As I mentioned before, I'm not always in attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment