Friday, February 20, 2015

2/19/15 - CCLQ @ Gayle's

For those who don't know...

We got SNOW (ice and frigid temperatures) in North Carolina this week.

So???

That means that many places shut down!!  It's the way NC rolls.  No school.  Delayed work hours...

And NO quilt guild on Monday!  :o((

The hearty did meet for quilt bee on Thursday morning.

Although, there are no pictures to prove it, as the camera (and its owner) was at work.  :o((

Missing the group, I put in a phone call to tell everyone that I was thinking about them (and working on the binding of my Crumb Quilt.)

It was 11:35 and they hadn't even talked about lunch!!!  That's when I guessed that Dee Dee was NOT at the meeting.  (Her lunch alarm goes off at 11:30 each week.)

Anyway, here is the extent of my conversation with Gayle:

J: Hi!  How are you guys doing?
G: Fine. (To the others: It's Joy.)

Background sounds of : Is she going to meet us for lunch?
G: (To the others: No. She's at work.)

J: Where are you all going for lunch?
G: We haven't even talked about lunch yet.  Not sure what we're doing.  There are only FOUR of us.

J: Well, tell everyone that I said hello.
G: OK.  I will.

Background sounds of (Deborah?) saying: We missed you!

I missed them, too.  Here's hoping that we will all be together next week.  (And if someone who WAS at the meeting will send me a "report", I'll post it here.)

UPDATE:  The FOUR who were at the meeting were Gayle, Ella, Dee Dee, and Ruth B.  They just weren't worried about lunch because of the small number of attendees.  :o))

Until Next Time...
Stay Warm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment