Thursday, February 26, 2015

2/26/15 - CCLQ @ Ella's... Not sew much!!!

The bulk of yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures nearing 50* in the sun.  At that time, the weather predictions seemed ludicrous!  However, somewhere around 3 PM, the skies started to change and the temps began to plummet.  We'll see what happens...


Last night Ella wrote:  OK everyone put those vibes to work and make the snow go south.


Ruth S. replied:  So - maybe the snow will stay south. If so I'll see you tomorrow. If not it's my house next week barirng any MORE now.


Ruth B. added:  OK, I'll do that. I don't relish getting stuck under 8-12" of snow.  The kids in the neighborhood will slide down the little hill leading to my street and compress the snow till it's all slippery!  Then it's very hard to get out of our street.......for days and days. Ugh.



Gayle said:  Houston, we have a problem, the snow came from the south...lol...



As you can see from the conversation above, today's meeting was scheduled for Ella's house.  Those of us who went to bed early awoke wondering if we would ACTUALLY be meeting this morning.


Why???


The forecast called for EVEN MORE SNOW. Six to eight inches of it!!


Here's what happened...


The view from Joy's back window:



Her view from the front door:



The view as she stepped out of the garage:




And around the corner one way:



Then the other way:




Here's the view at the end of the driveway:




This is the path that Joy had to shovel to get that last photo:




Ella sent an email this morning stating:  It is official, my snow shovel is not big enough.



Joy surmised that meant there will be NO MEETING today.  :o((


Cheryl K. wrote saying:  We do not own a snow shovel. So we will only be walking out of here for a while


Linda said:  This is what I call a "snow day". Great day for sewing, but wish I could share everyone's company. Hope everyone is safe and warm.


Dee Dee wrote saying:  Hope everyone has power!We really need to learn how to do Google Hangouts so we could still meet on days like this



Deborah said:  We have power and Eddie bought a big snow shovel yesterday. Thank goodness! Great day for quilting. Does anyone know how to do Google hangouts or Go To Meeting.com? Maybe one of us can figure it out and we can have a virtual bee!


Jean wrote saying:  No power here. Has anyone heard anything? 



Linda responded:  Jean, I heard about 8,000+ customers in Orange County are without power. Seems mostly because trees have fallen on lines. Hope your power comes back soon.


To which Jean replied:  Thanks. I need my latte to function


Post-post additional responses:


Ruth B. had the following to add:  Well, aren't you the tech-savvy quilter?  I don't even know what Google Hangout is.  

Jean, I'm so sorry that you don't have power.  That stinks, and i hope it will be back soon.  Maybe you can do some imagery (is that what they call it?) and pretend that Rick has brought you your cup of cappuccino.  

I'm all settled in for a day or two or three of being snowed in.  I'll be reading my book for book club on Sunday, All the Light We Cannot See, highly recommended, interspersed with making some more blocks.  A fun day or two or three.  Well maybe not after three!  

Stay dry and powered/powerful! 


Candy chimed in with:  I had no idea how lucky I am!  I have power, internet, and everything else I need.  I also have 2 friends visiting from Boston.  This is just what they needed, right?



(To which Joy thought, how ironic!)



And finally:  All is well here. I slept in and then made myself a bacon, egg, toast breakfast.  Still it is a poor substitute for being with all of you! Keep safe and warm
Hugs
Gayle


Oops!  Later in the day there was MORE irony...


Just got our power and internet back.  My friend Donna is sorry to have missed meeting all of you.  She left NY to escape the snow and cold.  So much for that plan. Hope to see you all in Durham next week. Have a safe trip Jean and I'll see you in April.  Ruth S.


Hours and hours later...  Just got our power back. At least we had day light! Finished a book and did a little knitting. Reflected a bit on how dependent our lives are on power. Too bad I couldn't vac for the house guests that arrive tomorrow!
Missed you all. Have a very productive month. Once the temperature goes above our age, we'll be back! 
Jean


Editor's note:  I'm not sure what happened with the font size, etc. in this post, but here are things to remember:

1. Stay safe and warm.
2. Quilt, if you can.
3. If you ARE quilting today, feel free to report in and I'll add it to this post.


Until next time...
Happy Snow Day... or not!!!  :P




1 comment:

  1. I had my treadle machine all set in case of no power. But it wasn't meant to be -I had power which meant I also had to work!

    Looks like the emails were flying back and forth (someone put me back on the list please I missed all the fun!)

    ReplyDelete